Eura Brown Elementary
Library Media Center
1231 Alcott Road – Gadsden, Alabama 35901
Jana Brewer – Media Specialist – 256.549.2980
The mission of Eura Brown Elementary School’s Library Media Center is to provide students with a friendly, educational environment that increases knowledge; to provide students with the opportunity to build reading skills, computer skills, and research skills; to guarantee that students have access to the Internet and Alabama Virtual Library; to provide students with activities that extend classroom instruction; and to motivate students to become lifelong learners.
To search the library’s catalog and view available resources, please use the search option below.
Book Fari/Read Across America Week
February 28th – March 4th
Spring Book Fair is almost here! We are changing up our Spring Fair to make sure it is a week our students will never forget! As with most all things, the pandemic continues to bring about some new changes in how our book fair will run. To make it easier on us all, I have outlined a few of those changes below.
- Dress Up Days – We are going all out for our celebration. Each day, we will feature a dress up opportunity for anyone that wants to participate! I am looking forward to seeing what all our students come up with! See the image below for details for each day or click here to access a PDF with this information.
- Kona Ice – To celebrate BIG on Dr. Seuss’s Birthday, we will be offering the opportunity for each child to purchase a Kona Ice treat to enjoy during the afternoon. See the options below for ordering. Once you’ve decided what you want your child to get, click the link and place your order.
- Place your KONA ICE ORDER HERE!!!
- Student Shopping Only – We will NOT have visitor shopping during this fair. The only shopping allowed will be for the students during the school day.
- Teacher Wish Lists – If you wish to purchase a book for your child’s teacher, students may select a book from the teacher picks (set up in the library) and use their e-wallets or cash/check to pay for those items during their shopping time.
- Student e-wallet – Students still have the option to have an e-wallet to use for shopping as well. This is a great way for out of town family to support your child during book fair week. Just use the same e-wallet you created for the fall and share the link with family. This also eliminates the need to send cash to school each day with your child. I’ve attached a short video for you to watch about how e-wallet works. If you didn’t create an e-wallet for Fall book Fair, you can create one at anytime!
- Buy a Book for a Buddy – If you are interested in helping a student that might not be able to purchase a book at the book fair, we have a way to make that possible! Use this link https://shop.scholastic.com/ewallet/fund?lang=en_US&walletId=3371583 to fund an account that will be used ONLY for students that want a book and are unable to purchase one on their own.
- Pre-Order the newest Cat Kid – If your child is into the latest Dav Pilkey series Cat Kid you might want to pre-order the new book set to launch April 5th. Please print and fill out the form, click here for form, and send it back to Mrs. Brewer with payment (cash/check made out to EB PTA). I will enter your order and when the book releases, your child will receive a copy. The book is hardback and cost $12.99. If purchased as a preorder, our library will receive credit for the sale even though it will not be out until April.
Our online book fair shopping link is https://www.scholastic.com/bf/eurabrownelementaryschool
You will find the link to create an e-wallet on our online book fair shopping page.
Check out these highlight from our Spring Fair!
Kindergarten – 3rd Grade Highlights
4th Grade – 6th Grade Highlights
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me! I’m looking forward to a great Read Across America week!!!
See you soon!
Remote/Virtual Learning Help
COVID-19 has for sure created a new way for us all to access information for the classroom. Our students catch on quickly, but sometimes it leaves parents feeling lost and unsure. Please feel free to call and ask for help! I am available and willing to assist you in any way that I possibly can to make this season easier on us all. For quick access to tips, check out the two links below.
Online Resources for All
Please note that these links will take you away from this site to another 3rd party website.
Alabama Virtual Library – online research resources can be found using this amazing online tool.
PebbleGo – Emergent Reader Research Solution for K-2nd Grade (school username and password needed for use of some of the databases)*
AR Book Find – Look up books to see if they have an AR quiz or look up the quiz number or other AR information.
Scholastic Book Wizard – Find and level books with Book Wizard. Plus, get booktalks, lesson plans, author sutdies, videos and discussion guides.
Merrian-Webster Word Central – Online dictionary/thesaurus with games.
Kid Rex – Kid safe search engine.
Safe Search – Kid Safe Search engine
Schooltube – View educational videos made by teachers and students.
Accelerated Reader (AR) Home Connect – Check student goals and personal bookshelf information. (username and password needed)*
GPL – Check out all that the Gadsden Public Library has to offer!
Common Sense Media – 21st Century Media Skills
Copyright – Copyright laws for school use..
BrainPop– A trusted learning resource supporting core and supplemental subjects. (school username and password needed)*
Saavas SuccessNet – A website dedicated to supporting Reading and Science instruction that is taught in the classroom. (school username and password needed)*
Savvas Realize – A website dedicated to supporting Reading and Science instruction that is taught in the classroom. (school username and password needed)*
Epic! – Digital Library for kids 12 & under.
myON – Digital Library plus so much more! Must log in through Clever. (school username and password needed)*
Clever – The Clever Portal puts learning at students’ fingertips. Each student can access a personalized portal with single sign-on to every learning application they use.(google username and password needed)*
iXL – IXL is here to help you grow, with immersive learning, insights into progress, and targeted recommendations for next steps. Practice thousands of math and language arts skills at school, at home, and on the go!(google username and password needed)*
*Please contact Mrs. Brewer for the username and password
Helpful Parent Resources
Gadsden City Schools – Website for our system.
My School Bucks – Convenient way to pay for school meals and services.
Code of Student Conduct – GCS online copy of the CSC.
Student Handbook – GCS online copy of the student handbook.
Join our Library’s Remind Group! Stay up to date with what is going on in the library. Text @eblib to 81010 or click on this link to join. https://www.remind.com/join/eblib
EB Library Calendar
Library Remind Class Feed