Eura Brown Elementary Library Media Center
1231 Alcott Road – Gadsden, Alabama 35901
- Media Specialist: Tara Martin
- Phone: (256) 549-2980
- Email: email@example.com
The mission of Eura Brown Elementary School’s Library Media Center is to provide students with a friendly, educational environment that increases knowledge; to provide students with the opportunity to build reading skills, computer skills, and research skills; to guarantee that students have access to the Internet and Alabama Virtual Library; to provide students with activities that extend classroom instruction, and to motivate students to become lifelong learners.
To search the library’s catalog and view available resources, please use the search option below.
Book Fair Information
Get Ready! The Scholastic Book Fair is coming our way (YAY!). Choosing their own books empowers kids and inspires them to become Bolder, Prouder, and Stronger readers. AND -as always- every book they buy earns rewards for our school.
Here’s what you need to know about the Fair…….
This year we will say goodbye to cash and hello to eWallet- your child’s digital payment account. Before the fair, set up eWallet for worry-free, cash-free purchases. Retail tax (10%) will be added to all transactions.
If you can’t make it to the Fair, then shop at our school’s Online Book Fair. All orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25.00. Your online orders will also benefit our school.
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping:
Teachers have created an eWallet of their own! Help support a classroom by donating to one of the eWallets linked here.:
Book Fair Preview for K-3:
Book Fair Preview for 4-5:
Catch you at the Fair!
Accelerated Reader Program Information 2022-2023
Eura Brown – Engaged Learning at Home Quick Guide for Families
GCS Parent Academy for Technology
Online Resources for All
Please note that these links will take you away from this site to another 3rd party website.
- Alabama Virtual Library – online research resources can be found using this amazing online tool.
- PebbleGo – Emergent Reader Research Solution for K-2nd Grade (school username and password needed for use of some of the databases)*
- AR Book Find – Look up books to see if they have an AR quiz or look up the quiz number or other AR information.
- Scholastic Book Wizard – Find and level books with Book Wizard. Plus, get booktalks, lesson plans, author sutdies, videos and discussion guides.
- Merrian-Webster Word Central – Online dictionary/thesaurus with games.
- Kid Rex – Kid safe search engine.
- Safe Search – Kid Safe Search engine
- Schooltube – View educational videos made by teachers and students.
- Accelerated Reader (AR) Home Connect – Check student goals and personal bookshelf information. (username and password needed)*
- GPL – Check out all that the Gadsden Public Library has to offer!
- Common Sense Media – 21st Century Media Skills
- Copyright – Copyright laws for school use.
- BrainPop– A trusted learning resource supporting core and supplemental subjects. (school username and password needed)*
- Savvas Realize – A website dedicated to supporting Science instruction that is taught in the classroom. (school username and password needed)*
- Epic! – Digital Library for kids 12 & under.
- myON – Digital Library plus so much more! Must log in through Clever. (school username and password needed)*
- Clever – The Clever Portal puts learning at students’ fingertips. Each student can access a personalized portal with single sign-on to every learning application they use.(google username and password needed)*
- iXL – IXL is here to help you grow, with immersive learning, insights into progress, and targeted recommendations for next steps. Practice thousands of math and language arts skills at school, at home, and on the go!(google username and password needed)*
- *Please contact Mrs. Brewer for the username and password
Helpful Parent Resources
- Gadsden City Schools – Website for our system.
- My School Bucks – Convenient way to pay for school meals and services.
- Code of Student Conduct – GCS online copy of the CSC.
- Student Handbook – GCS online copy of the student handbook.
- Join our Library’s Remind Group! Stay up to date with what is going on in the library. Text @eblib to 81010 or click on this link to join. https://www.remind.com/join/eblib