Read Across America Week
February 28th – March 4th
Spring Book Fair is almost here! We are changing up our Spring Fair to make sure it is a week our students will never forget! As with most all things, the pandemic continues to bring about some new changes in how our book fair will run. To make it easier on us all, I have outlined a few of those changes below.
- Dress Up Days – We are going all out for our celebration. Each day, we will feature a dress up opportunity for anyone that wants to participate! I am looking forward to seeing what all our students come up with! See the image below for details for each day or click here to access a PDF with this information.
- Kona Ice – To celebrate BIG on Dr. Seuss’s Birthday, we will be offering the opportunity for each child to purchase a Kona Ice treat to enjoy during the afternoon. See the options below for ordering. Once you’ve decided what you want your child to have, click the link and place your order.
- Place your KONA ICE ORDER HERE!!!
- Student Shopping Only – We will NOT have visitor shopping during this fair. The only shopping allowed will be for the students during the school day.
- Teacher Wish Lists – If you wish to purchase a book for your child’s teacher, students may select a book from the teacher picks (set up in the library) and use their e-wallets or cash/check to pay for those items during their shopping time.
- Student e-wallet – Students still have the option to have an e-wallet to use for shopping as well. This is a great way for out of town family to support your child during book fair week. Just use the same e-wallet you created for the fall and share the link with family. This also eliminates the need to send cash to school each day with your child. I’ve attached a short video for you to watch about how e-wallet works. If you didn’t create an e-wallet for Fall book Fair, you can create one at anytime!
- Pre-Order the newest Cat Kid – If your child is into the latest Dav Pilkey series Cat Kid you might want to pre-order the new book set to launch April 5th. Please print and fill out the form, click here for form, and send it back to Mrs. Brewer with payment (cash/check made out to EB PTA). I will enter your order and when the book releases, your child will receive a copy. The book is hardback and cost $12.99. If purchased as a preorder, our library will receive credit for the sale even though it will not be out until April.
- Buy a Book for a Buddy – If you are interested in helping a student that might not be able to purchase a book at the book fair, we have a way to make that possible! Use this link https://shop.scholastic.com/ewallet/fund?lang=en_US&walletId=3371583 to fund an account that will be used ONLY for students that want a book and are unable to purchase one on their own.
Our online book fair shopping link is https://www.scholastic.com/bf/eurabrownelementaryschool
You will find the link to create an e-wallet on our online book fair shopping page.
Check out these highlights for our fair!
Kindergarten – 3rd Grade Highlights
4th Grade – 6th Grade Highlights
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me! I’m looking forward to a great Read Across America week!!!
See you soon!